Since completing an MA in fine art practice at Brighton Tamar has been working on a series of paintings, silk screen prints and photo-collages. She sells to private clients and has taken part in a number of both solo and group exhibitions. Tamar creates playful and seductive contemporary images of nature and landscape. Continuing themes in her work are the interplay between pattern and form, and colour and light on surface.
“I take motifs from nature and animal forms, finding them to be rich in metaphor and myth.”
“I am interested in problematic ideas about beauty and visual pleasure in art.”
“Most recently my work has played with notions of duality; contrasting and collaging different landscapes and spatial fields.”
C.V & Exhibitions
2001 – 2004
- School of Art, University of Brighton – MA Fine Art Practice
1998 – 1999
- Chelsea College of Arts, UAL – Continuing Studies (Drawing and Painting)
- University of Sussex & University of Grenoble, France – History with French B.A. Hons.
1994 – 2004
BBC Production, Producer/Director:
- BBC Design Awards
- Public Property (architectural series)
- Having It All (documentary series)
- Theme nights BBC3 & BBC4
- EastEnders Revealed.
- Year in Switzerland, continued art practice.
2011 – 2017
- Working on a series of paintings and silkscreen prints for private sale.
- Work on permanent display in Retro, a restaurant.
- Solo show – Adderley Barker, interior designers.
- Work on sale at Will’s Art Warehouse, Putney.
- Work on sale at The Affordable Art Fair.
- Open House Exhibition. Richmond Arts.
- ‘Run Rabbit Run’ in Royal Academy Summer Exhibition.
- Arthouse – Stables Gallery, Marble Hill.
- Open exhibition – City Gallery, Leicester. Winner of ‘outstanding work of art’ prize for ‘Run Rabbit Run’.
- Free Range group show Fur Coat No Knickers – Truman Brewery, Brick Lane.
- MA Group Show The Butcher’s Hook – Grand Parade Gallery, Brighton.
- MA Group Show Closer – Grand Parade Gallery, Brighton.
- Free Range season group show Dose – Truman Brewery, Brick Lane.